Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Please consider buying Goldline(tm) brand Gold

Angela dragged me to a "cultural event" this evening.  Although I approached the event with my usual chipper demeanor  (somewhere between a cat hissing at a dog and a baby crying), we just got back from Cirque de Chine over at BYU, and I must say it was absolutely ridiculous.

Two words come to mind after such a viewing: inexplicable.  In the amount of time it's taken you to decipher that inexplicable is not, in fact, two words but one, a four foot Chinese girl has already done a double back flip to land on top of a pyramid consisting of twenty of her four foot Chinese girl counterparts.  Meanwhile back at the ranch two of her brethren have been cartwheeling while balancing two stories worth of plates on their respective noses with a straw.  Did I mention this is all taking place on the back of another four foot Chinese girl riding a unicycle on a tight-wire suspended fifteen feet in the air?

I may or may not have descended ever so slightly into hyperbole towards the end there but I think my point is left elucidated. In the words of  Flavor Flav, a personal hero of mine, it was "off the hook".  Hours spent with Glen Beck have taught me to fear these performers; they and their government are methodically taking over our country one treasury bill at a time.  That being said, if village life back in the Han dynasty was really as cool as the Cirque seemed to indicate (apparently that was their inspiration) I say bring on the annexation.

Life in the Mormon Bubble may be slightly anti-climactic at times but it's hard to beat cheap weekly events of this caliber.  Good call Loves.

3 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

I want to see this stuff. Those Chinese are so impressive.

Shelton and Bethany said...

Why is it that husbands are so hard to convince to attend these sorts of events when the outcome is always the same?

I enjoyed your essay. I'm not sure I've read many of your essays without one of Mrs. Simmons "slasher" pens in hand. Much more pleasant this way.

Congrats on the baby girl. She's going to have you wrapped around her little finger in record time. Take care of that wife of yours. She's a good catch.

Trevor Bodily said...

I was really quite excited to go but it doesn't make for nearly as entertaining a post that way. I'm convinced the truth should never interfere with a good story :)